marți, 11 ianuarie 2011

Dreaming

It took a really long time for me to try and grasp what I really wanted (in the past)… (or want… I could still be looking you know… tenses… )… ‘coz it turns out that my neediness tends to change from time to time… but if I ever learned anything from my self discovery, it would be that the goals that you choose for yourself aren’t absolute… the standards you set could either be reduced… heightened… or even revised completely… my point (finally…) is that time changes everything… it doesn’t stop or slow down even if it is to lengthen the lives of those on their death beds…
So with the limited time that we’ve been given I’m thinking that it might not be possible to meet all our plans with success… plus considering that life doesn’t always give us what we want   I guess it would be safe to keep our version of reality in check…
Now I’m not saying that it’s wrong to dream… what I mean is that not all dreams come true… and what I’m really trying to say is that the dreams that don’t make it into reality are much more important than those that did… 
The reason as to why the dreams that don’t come true are more important than those that did is that these are the dreams that keep you moving forwardalthough witnessing the happy ending to your dream feels great… probably  awesome even… eventually that feeling will fade and you will soon realize that the moment will be far behind you… and if you want to compensate with the quantity of dream-come-true-s you’ve got… it wouldn’t make that much of a difference…
So after getting to the end of the rainbowwhat next?
Moving from one dream to another is no good…’coz if you did…  you wouldn’t be any different from a machine processing spam…having that one distant dream to motivate you while time passes you by is probably the best thing that you could ever get in a lifetime… having that, you at least get the bragging rights to say that you’re living for something… it doesn’t really matter what… the important thing is that you’re living… an unachievable long term goal may seem unreasonable… but at least it’s never short-lived… ;

So… the unreachable dream?!
You might be thinking that it might be a bit depressing to have a dream but never actually see the end to it… we’ll it could be… but for me I’d like to think that it’s only a matter of perspective… and more often than not… it’s more important to understand how you see something rather than knowing what you’re actually looking at… 

My dream?!…
“If it wasn’t for the natural law of gravity… I would fly…
Absurd as my dream may be, it pretty much explains what I want… (of course it is a metaphor,  but seriously… even without the semantics… it’s really an awesome dream… )… by “gravity” I meant anything holding me back… and by “flying” I meant the reward of going wherever the wind takes me… (or...who knows what getting up in the sky by you ouwn and just ...fly...means)
                                          
                                       Even in a cage… a bird can create his own sky…

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu